After not reading for pleasure in simply ages, I decided last December that I was going to read 30 books in 2009. I have friends in blogland who post their year-end list of books read, and a couple of them are in the hundreds. So that inspired me to read, and to keep track of what I read this year. So here is my list.
1. Believing God by Beth Moore
2. Marley & Me by John Grogan
3. New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
4. On Becoming Preschool Wise by Gary Ezzo
5. Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer
6. Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer
7. Raising Respectful Children In a Disrespectful World by Jill Rigby
8. Dream When You're Feeling Blue by Elizabeth Berg
At this point I saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at the theater and decided to reread the series beginning, not at the beginning, but with that particular book. So the rest of my list has a bit of a theme.
9. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
10. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
11. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
12 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
As you see, I came nowhere near my goal of reading 30 books this year. But you know, I've probably read a total of four or five non-Biblical books since I had Brynn (5 years ago), so this is a definite improvement for me. I love reading, and am so glad to be getting back into the swing of it, even if it's at a slow pace.
New goal: 20 books in 2010! (Care to have a guess what the first three will be?)