Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Books I Read in 2009

After not reading for pleasure in simply ages, I decided last December that I was going to read 30 books in 2009. I have friends in blogland who post their year-end list of books read, and a couple of them are in the hundreds. So that inspired me to read, and to keep track of what I read this year. So here is my list.

1. Believing God by Beth Moore
2. Marley & Me by John Grogan
3. New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
4. On Becoming Preschool Wise by Gary Ezzo
5. Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer
6. Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer
7. Raising Respectful Children In a Disrespectful World by Jill Rigby
8. Dream When You're Feeling Blue by Elizabeth Berg

At this point I saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at the theater and decided to reread the series beginning, not at the beginning, but with that particular book. So the rest of my list has a bit of a theme.

9. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
10. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
11. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
12 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

As you see, I came nowhere near my goal of reading 30 books this year. But you know, I've probably read a total of four or five non-Biblical books since I had Brynn (5 years ago), so this is a definite improvement for me. I love reading, and am so glad to be getting back into the swing of it, even if it's at a slow pace.

New goal: 20 books in 2010! (Care to have a guess what the first three will be?)

6 comments:

Raye Scott said...

Let's see... I think you will be reading Your Best Life Now, Become a Better You, let's see.... It's Your Time. I hear they are very inspirational.

Lori said...

Very funny, Raye. I think those are extremely unlikely choices.

Julie said...

Let me guess.........

Harry Potter and the something.
Harry Potter and the something else.
And then, Harry Potter and more of something else.

I'm right, aren't I?

You Harry Potter freak.

Lori said...

...the Prisoner of Azkaban.
...the Goblet of Fire.
... the Order of the Phoenix.

Wow, Julie. You and me... we're like ONE MIND. ;)

Mia Dawson said...

hey, how was that book you mentioned about raising respectful kids in a disrespectful world?

Lori said...

Mia, I did like it. Some of it is fairly obvious. But it was a good kick in the butt for me, and had some good ideas. You are welcome to borrow my copy if you want.